The creation of an intercontinental network between HEIs from Europe and Latin America with the aim to improve the quality and access to teaching-learning programs through the implementation of high quality MOOCs that address the development of competencies and knowledge that are required in today’s learners.
- To increase the visibility of the HEI in Latin America.
- To improve the relationship between the HEI and the labor situation in the region, increasing the employability of young people and adults.
- To promote equal access to quality education and long-term prosperity.
- To modernize the educative offer and the HEI management systems.
The prior is in line with the educational plans in the region, the external action of the EU and its strategy of internationalization of higher education and the Erasmus+ program.
- Report on the state-of-the-art in the adoption of MOOCs in Latin America.
- Report on the state-of-the-art in the adoption of MOOCs in Europe.
- Digital set of best practices on MOOCs in the following topics: administration, management, planning, production of content, teacher training, pedagogical strategies, technologies, scalability, promotion and continuation of students, quality assurance, and academic aspects such as the recognition of credits and internationalization.
- To offer at least six pilot MOOCs on basic digital skills
- To offer training courses for teachers and technicians that work in the HEIs of this consortium and at least in other 30 additional HEIs.
- At least 10.000 students enroll in the MOOCs offered within this project.
- Organization of six conferences (workshops) in topics related to MOOCs and educational technologies.
- Creation of a cooperation network and an observatory on MOOCs in the ALCUE space.
- Publication of research results in journals and international conferences.
- Improvement of the technological infrastructure in the HEIs that are part of the consortium for the production and delivery of MOOCs (e.g., servers, equipment for recording and producing video, etc.).